As we all know, IT security has emerged as the #1 concern and priority for companies of all sizes — including small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs), which have become ground zero for cyber crime. Here are some alarming facts:
- The average cost per security breach is $4 million worldwide and $7 million in the U.S.
- Less than 40% of organizations believe they are prepared to thwart complex cyber threats.
- 75% of IT professionals say their network was breached in the last year, and 62% expect to be targeted within the next year.
- By 2019, the global cost of cybercrime will reach $2 trillion — which is a 300% surge compared to 2015.
- In 2016, there were 4,419 confirmed data breaches worldwide, which exposed more than 4.2 billion records.
The Bad News
The bad news is that today’s hackers are getting smarter and more sophisticated when it comes to choosing victims and inflicting financial damage. As noted by CSO Magazine: “Those who excel in the cybercrime world may not be engineers or technicians, but they do know how to run a business, and that’s the new skill that allows these attackers to make a lot of money.”
The Good News
The good news is that you don’t have to brace for impact — because security technology is getting better, too, and Devolutions is part of the solution. Indeed, while our products Remote Desktop Manager, Devolutions Server and Wayk Now were all created to help IT pros like you be more efficient and control the chaos in your world, they have also been designed as robust, enterprise-grade security tools.
Education Is the Key
To further demonstrate our commitment to cyber security, over the past several months we’ve been regularly publishing tips and other educational material in our blog. Here is a snapshot of some of the content you’ll find:
- 4 Reasons You Should Care About Strong Cybersecurity
- Prevent Insiders from Breaching Your Data
- Are Your End Users Suffering from Security Fatigue?
- SMBs Beware: 3 Reasons Why Size Doesn’t Matter for Cyber Criminals
- 4 Types of Security Tools that Everyone Should Be Using
- Top 10 Password Policies and Best Practices for System Administrators
This focus on security is also why we’ve re-branded our blog with a new name that we’re unveiling today: In the Trenches.
The Back Story
The cyber landscape is a virtual battlefield, and IT pros like you are on the frontlines. You know that things are getting worse out there, and that you need allies who will fight bravely by your side. At Devolutions, we understand the challenges you’re facing because we’re IT pros too. We don’t view your world from a distance. We’re in the trenches with you, and we’re ready, willing, and able to defend and protect your data, users, customers and reputation.
We’re Keeping the Stuff You Love
We know that many of you — thousands of people a day, sometimes — visit our blog for product information, case studies, reviews, and of course, fun stuff like poll questions, contests, Sysadminotaur, and more. Well, please don’t worry: we’re keeping all of the stuff you love. In fact, once our amazing new audio/video studio is ready, we’ll be adding some really cool new webinars and podcasts. Stay tuned!
Tell Us What You Think
Re-branding our blog as In the Trenches isn’t about us — it’s about YOU, because our job is to keep you safe and productive. Please tell us what you think by commenting below or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re always listening, and we’ll never stop working to earn your trust and loyalty.